Monday, February 13, 2012

The Week Ahead

Happy Monday Morning!

Hope the weekend went well for everyone. I spent it in Green Bay with Caitlin and her folks. Nothing like home cooking! While in GB I got to taste some of Gavin's (Caitlin's brother) home brews - which were delicious.

Looking forward - I have a short week in the office, because Cait and I are heading out to Colorado Thursday night. Just so that we can look back on the trip, I'm going to taking a lot of documentation of the trip with a flipcamera and uploading it to here while providing a little commentary and context.

This is my first trip out West for skiing and I'm really looking forward to it. It's going to be a high flying weekend so hopefully the weather is agreeable. We plan on going to Copper Mountain, Vail, and Beaver Creek. I'll need to learn some slang before heading out there, so I've listed a few terms that I thought would be pertinent:

 Posing -

Trying to get noticed. I won't be doing this. I'll be trying to stay under the radar. Maybe on the next trip out there I will let my freak flag fly...

Posse -

The group of people you usually ski or ride with. While I'm excited about the skiing, the people we are going with is the real reason I'm pumped. Really looking forward to seeing everyone.
        1. Rag Doll -


Someone who tumbles downhill while limp and presumably unconscious. Hopefully we won't hear this word out there.
2. Snotsicle -


Frozen nasal discharge, usually the result of cold-induced rhinorrhea.
3. Ski Bum -

Someone who has discovered the best alternative to working.
4. Off-Piste -

Ungroomed portion of the ski area. I'll be focusing on this type of terrain.
5. Huck -

To ski off a cliff or roll, catching big air. This is my cousin Nick's specialty.
6. Bowl -

Steep, wide run, usually higher on both sides. I think there will be some of these at Vail...
7. Apres Ski -

The night-life of a ski area, preferred by some to slope-side activities. Need I say more?3

Sorry for the formatting - I copy/pasted the definitions from another website...











No comments:

Post a Comment