Monday, November 7, 2011

Fall Weather Music


One of the best parts about living in Wisconsin is having all four seasons. I feel those individuals who live in the southern portion of the United States are deprived of some of the most simple but enjoyable experiences in life. I mean, sure, winters can be more brutal than a Nickelback playing at an abortion clinic, but for those who have never seen a first, true snowfall --- you're missing out on something amazing. Regardless, winter isn't my cup of cream corn. I'm more interested in the best season of all; fall.

Fall whether is tremendous for a person like me. I get very hot in even mildly warm temperatures, and I'm a big sweater. When the Fall climate sets in I get so excited I could puke. That being said, there are certain necessities which correctly complement fall. Football and flannel are big ones. Green Bay Packer games at Lambeau Field in October should be on everyone's bucket list. However, my sophomore year of college as I walked to class and listened to my iPod, I realized there is correct music to make those fall drives, walks and chill moments even better.

I'm going to provide everyone with a list of phenomenal fall music. It doesn't include everything,
but rather my list will provide you with a place to make your own. I've compiled the list from various movies, Pandora sessions and innate curiosity. Enjoy.


"Over and Done With" by The Proclaimers
"This Time Tomorrow" by The Kinks
"Cinnamon" by The Long Winters
"Fly" by Nick Drake
"One of these Things First" by Nick Drake
"Something Good This Way Comes" by Jakob Dylan
"Here Comes my Baby" by Cat Stevens
"The Wind" by Cat Stevens
"(Ummm, Oh Yeah) Dearest" by Buddy Holly
"It Makes No Difference" by My Morning Jacket -- The Band cover
"Look at Me" by John Lennon
"Oh, Yoko!" by John Lennon
"Watching the Wheels" by John Lennon -- Acoustic version specifically
"Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison
"These Days" by Nico
"Stephanie Says" by The Velvet Underground
"If She Wants Me" by Belle & Sebastian
"She Caught the Katy" by The Blues Brothers -- Taj Mahal and James Rachelle cover
"Early Morning Rain" by The Grateful Dead -- Gordon Lightfoot cover
"All the Young Dudes" by Mott the Hoople -- David Bowie Cover
"Whispering Pines" by Jakob Dylan -- The Band cover
"Strangers" by the Kinks
"One of Us Must Know (Sooner or Later" by Bob Dylan
"Solsburry Hill" Peter Gabriel
"I Shall Be Released" by Jeff Buckley -- Bob Dylan Cover
"Gray or Blue" by Jaymay

I'm aware fall is well underway and it may be a little late, but it never hurts to try some new music. All these artists have many songs that could be thrown under the "fall" category, but these are just some personal favorites.

I felt the need for this post since I already noticed Christmas music floating around area stores and radio stations. Winter music will forever be classified under "Christmas music," which for many is hard to bare. I'll make sure to create a list of good winter music when the time is right. Until then, embrace what I have given you. Fall - make it reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment