Friday, November 18, 2011

Memorial Love


I thought I'd share a piece I composed my sophomore of college for a poetry class. We were assigned to write an erotic poem, and I was one of the individuals chosen to share theirs with the class. As a result, I was fairly proud of myself. I'm no Henry David Thoreau, but I think I present a decent narrative of American forest fornication.
--




Memorial Love

I want to relive that humid evening
On a lover’s hike through the Black Hills.
Our bodies lethargic and gritty
From the dirt trails and damp woods.
We made love so vigorous
Under the gaze of our four founding fathers,
Their granite faces moist
From the steamy democracy
Contrived by our body’s friction.

Your heavy breathing electrified my bones
As I penetrated your beauty in view
Of the pair of turkey vultures
Indulging in a meal of chipmunk and raccoon.
Our eyes met theirs in a feverish frenzy.
We graced their courtship with our glistening bodies.
The rock-face had torn our clothes from us
Like bark from a ponderosa pine.

You whispered hungry words
Muffled by my unclean cries
Of passionate love making
Which were so uproarious
You could have sworn it was
Crazy Horse himself riding off in the distance.
As our echoes trailed off into coniferous air
They reverberated off the cliff face into the clearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment