Sunday, December 4, 2011

Some things on TV I like and dislike

I try to watch as much TV as possible. I don't really like those individuals who say, "Oh, well I don't really watch TV," or, "My family doesn't watch very much TV," because those people aren't being honest. Whenever I confront a person who says a false statement along those lines I respond with, "Oh, well my family watches A LOT of TV. It's ALWAYS on. We try to have a TV in every room of the house." With that being said, there have been some things on television I've either really liked recently or have been unnecessarily angry about. Take a look, kids....

The Lady from the Target 2day Sale Commercials
Evaluation: Terrible.
It troubles me what market of people these commercials appeal to. I'm even more bothered by the fact these commercials were ran and approved by high members of Target's advertising group. You would think any normal person in on that board meeting would view one of those commercials and say, "Uh, hey, this is really bad." The lady is extremely annoying, not funny and only furthers my hate for Black Friday shopping. Ideally I never see her again.

Joe Buck and Troy Toy
Evaluation: High Level of Hate
Perhaps the worst sports casting duo in recent history, Joe Buck and Troy Aikman need to be split up and have their casting careers ended. For whatever reason, they undoubtedly don't like the Green Bay Packers. Troy has looked for every way to not compliment a Packer QB since Favre -- as if praising another quarterback would take away from his career. In addition, Joe Buck simply sucks and leaves nothing on the table in terms of professional analysis. But don't forget, the team is complemented by the useless Pam Oliver on the sidelines. Her involvement makes me curious who's granddaughter she was to get that job. Regardless, Buck and Troy Toy should never cover a Green Bay game again; it's what's best for everyone.

Above the Influence Commercial of Girl Throwing-up Pictures and Trophies
Evaluation: Hilarious, love it.
These commercials are always a personal favorite. The creators have been filling me with smiles and laughter for years. In a recent one, there is a girl at a party who runs into the bathroom and begins to vomit out frames of herself and friends, awards and other objects into the toilet. It's pretty great. I continually can count on Above the Influence to get me in a good mood before I go out.

WLUK Fox 11's Good Day Wisconsin
Evaluation: Embarrassing
When I catch glimpses of this broadcast in the morning I cringe. The show's personality talent and topics display the low quality TV news expected by a Green Bay, WI market. If a staff member of a New York news team ever witnesses this show they will be in shock, because the show is embarrassing for me as a citizen of Wisconsin. Good Day Wisconsin is painful to view. In an early morning haze, I'm sometimes not sure if what I'm watching is real. Every individual on the show has an over inflated view of themselves and is under qualified in what they do. Pete Petoniak, their big bad weather man, acts as one of the morning hosts with Rachel Manek. Their conversations are so awkward a woman could miscarry a child. Take a watch tomorrow morning and if the first words out of Angela Kelly's annoying mouth from the field are not, "Hi, guys!" I will buy you a hot dog. The issue is these three anchors are trying to be morning hosts for entertainment when they should stick to the little they are mildly good at - reporting news and weather, not commenting or creating conversation. In addition, the entire station talks with a "sing-song" tone to EVERYTHING. Listen to NPR, Fox 11 staff, they never do this. And Don't even get me started on sports reporter Drew Smith...


Justin Bieber Perfume Commercials
Evaluation: Stop it.
I was sick over the last few days, and I had the displeasure of viewing one of Justin Bieber's Someday perfume commercials. Obviously I was extremely upset after it was over. However, I kind of want to buy this for a lot of girls I know and see if they ever use it. When they don't I'll keep asking, "Hey! How's that perfume?? Do you like it?? Ugh, it just turns me on when I smell it!" Please stop it, Bieber. I don't dislike you, I just don't really want to have to see or hear you at all anymore. Can't we replace him with an older child star like the vampire kid from the Munsters? Now that's how you sell a product.



New Seasons of Dexter and The Walking Dead
Evaluation: Amazing.
Not much to say. I'm a big fan. Dexter to me is Sex and the City to almost any girl. The Walking Dead is really good too, not as good as Dexter, but still a fun show to watch. I didn't know you could create a drama based off of zombies so good. Thanks, AMC.


Golden Corral Chocolate Fondue Advertisement
Evaluation: Gross.
Nothing sounds most disgusting to me than sharing fondue with a crowd of people at Golden Corral. Can you imagine the types of individuals sticking their dirty hands in that and double-dipping? Based off of how sticky the salt shakers are there, I'm not going near that thing.






ITT Tech Commercials
Evaluation: No more, please.
These just need to stop. I hate them. The stories they tell don't make me feel very good. Almost every time ITT Tech tells a story about a minority citizen who now has an entry-level job after working at Golden Corral for 9 years (better than me I guess...) Then they show the wife and she says something like, "Before, we were going pay check to pay check, and now we do okay." I'm done with these.




Regular Show - Cartoon Network
Evaluation: Good stuff.
Watch it, seriously. One of the better children cartoons I've seen in years. Seriously, watch it. Try this clip out for size - http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/regularshow/video/?episodeID=8a250ab02e4e9a23012e4eef3282002a

No comments:

Post a Comment